We ensure your child’s safety by following a strict safeguarding policy. All staff, students are DBS checked and students work under staff supervision at all times.
At Greenmount, practitioners work together with families to keep the children safe. We ask you to:
- Sign children in and out of the Preschool. (We keep registers of the times and days your child attends Preschool)
- Use the agreed entrance/exit
- Make sure external gates are closed and locked
- State on your registration form who is permitted to collect your child and notifying the setting by letter or telephone if there is any change
- Sign permission slips for any outings and to enable us to take photographs of your child
- Keep us informed of any changes to your contact details
We have regular fire drills when we test the alarms and escape procedures. In the event of a fire we will leave via the nearest exit and assemble in the main playground where the registers will be called.
If your child has an accident at Preschool, all the details will be recorded in the Accident Book. Your child’s name will be highlighted on the register and Parents/Carers will be asked to sign the book at collection time. If the accident is of a serious nature or a head injury, we will contact you straight away by telephone.