Aims of History Teaching and Learning
- To inspire children to find out more about their past and to foster a love of history.
- To enable children to make personal connections with the past
- To develop a secure understanding of chronology
- To develop children’s understanding of their place in the world and their cultural heritage.
- To develop skills in questioning and critical thinking, investigation, analysis, interpretation and presentation.
History Curriculum Planning
History is incorporated into a flexible and creative school curriculum at Greenmount. Our school curriculum meets the requirements of the New National Curriculum for Primary Schools 2014. We ensure that there are opportunities for children of all abilities to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in each unit, and we plan for progression by using Hampshire level descriptors for matters, skills and processes so that the children are increasingly challenged as they move through the school.