"Together we nurture the future"
St Vincent Road, Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33 3PT
Main: 01983 562165
Pre-School: 01983 613189

Reflection (Pupil voice) – Week 15.03.2021

Mary

This week has been rather interesting because we did lots of science. We learnt about microorganisms and we learnt what microbes (another word for micro-organisms) which ones are dangerous and which ones are helpful. We also learnt about some scientists who helped to develop different medicines. Through the week, we have done Maths, English, Science and Music.

In maths, we have gone back a couple of years to expand our knowledge in Maths. We were also solving problems on problem-solving cards. In science, we have been learning about microorganisms and making notes about famous scientists. We also learnt which microorganisms are dangerous and which ones are helpful. We also learnt the difference between viruses and diseases. I enjoyed singing the chorus most because it’s really fun to sing and it’s really catchy. The song is really catchy and it’s a really good song. In English and Topic, we wrote a promotional leaflet to try to persuade people to go to Greece on holiday.

Kaleb

How has this week been so far?

This week so far has been fun because I got to see all of my friends and be part of a class again. We got to learn a song which was very interesting and it’s been nice to have an actual teacher.

What have we been learning this week?

This week we have been learning singing, Science, Maths and English.

Maths

In maths, we have been doing Numbers, Place Value and problem-solving. It’s been nice being able to have a friend next to you to help when you get stuck. We did some problem-solving cards yesterday.

Science – What task did we do?

In science, we have been learning about microorganisms and what they are. We also learnt about germs and how they get into our body and make us ill.

Music – Destruction

I liked how the song felt to sing because it flowed together very well and wasn’t too easy to learn but wasn’t too hard. My favourite part of the song was the rap because it was really fun and upbeat.

English/topic

In English, we have been writing a promotional leaflet to persuade people to visit Greece. We wrote 3 different parts – landscape, activities and food.

Noah

This week has been a lot more normal than last week. We have been learning a lot of subjects including Maths, English, Science and singing.

In maths, we have been learning about place value and problem-solving. Today we used problem-solving cards to help us get a better understanding of place value.

In science, we have been learning about microorganisms and about who helped progress our understanding of how microorganisms work and what they do. We learnt that microorganisms are dangerous because they can cause diseases and viruses that are harmful and some can even cause someone to die.

Music – DESTRUCTION

I liked that the song was quite upbeat and fast and not too hard to sing. My favourite part of the song was the rap because it was the fastest and the most upbeat.

English/topic

In English, we have been writing our promotional leaflet to go to Greece.

Isabella

How has this week been so far?

So far this week has been fun and I learnt a lot. I have been enjoying coponey from my friends and being in a full class once again. I finally feel our class is a group. The teachers have been kind and understanding of some people’s loss of learning and are trying their best to make school enjoyable and all of us happy.

This week, we have done singing, Science Maths and English.

Maths

In maths, we have been doing problem-solving and place value.

Today we did some problem-solving cards and worked out if the answers the card had were correct. We also did some True or False cards.

Science

In science, we learned about microorganisms and what they are. We also learnt about germs under a microscope and how germs can make us ill.

Music – destruction

The part of the song I liked the most was the rap; I liked the flow and the catchy lyrics. I also like the second verse. It flowed really nicely together and is now stuck in my head.

English/topic

In English, we wrote a promotional leaflet to persuade people to visit Greece.

Translate »