School Council Update – 17/01/20
Happy New Year from School Council!
This week at our meeting, we talked about … Reading Cafe!
Miss Cox would like there to be a ‘Reading Cafe’ at Greenmount, so we talked about our ideas for what we would like at the Reading Cafe, and any questions we have. We had lots of great discussions and came up with loads of ideas; here are some of our ideas and questions:
- Relaxing music
- A milkshake stand to raise money for new books
- Use computers/chromebooks to write book reviews
- Write our own stories
- Paper for drawing or writing our ideas
- Make video blogs of book reviews
- Year 6 helpers
- Printed pictures from books to colour
- Bring our own sketchpads or notebooks
- Can we eat and drink at the Reading Cafe?
- Cushions and beanbags
- Hot drinks in winter and cold drinks in summer
- A book quiz once a week
- Can we have a display to recommend books, if you want to find a good book to read?
- Can we sell books?