World Book Day 2018
World Book Day Celebrations
A reminder that Greenmount’s World Book Day celebrations take place next Friday, 9th March 2018. World Book Day celebrates the joy and value of books and reading, especially for children. To help get them started on their reading journey, every child receives a £1 World Book Day Book Token that can either be exchanged for one of this year’s special £1 World Book Day books or used to get £1 off any book costing £2.99 or more. You can find out more about the books at worldbookday.com/books. Here’s what we will be doing this Friday…
- Dressing up as our favourite book character
- Sharing our favourite books across the school
- Making books and writing stories
- Acting out our favourite stories
- Reading and sharing books with children across the school in mixed groups for KS1 and KS 2.
- Visiting IOW author Jules Marriner will be in school to share her work with children in Reception and KS1 – she’ll also have books for sale after school (£6 per book – although you can’t use the WBD tokens for these)
- Parade in the hall
- Book vouchers for all
You can join us in building your child’s enthusiasm for books well beyond World Book Day by reading together regularly and joining your local library if you are not yet members.
For more information about World Book Day and ideas on sharing books at home, visit worldbookday.com. Children are never too young to start their journey with books, and the benefits of reading are enormous—so we hope, like us, you will use World Book Day to celebrate it with your child.