The Full Governing Body at Greenmount meets twice a term. In addition, governors are members of at least one committee which meet once a term. There is also a smaller sub-committee that oversees and provides management and leadership of the on-site Preschool, which meets twice a term.
Full Governing Body
- Receives reports from each committee (as below) to provide an overview of the work and direction of the school.
- Monitors the Action Log which feeds into each meeting agenda.
- Ratifies policies.
Leadership and Management Committee
- Provides, in collaboration with the Head, Deputy and staff, strategic direction and vision for the school.
- Contributes, in collaboration with the Head, Deputy and staff, to establish, monitor and evaluate sections of the School Development Plan and all policies/plans/procedures relating to Leadership, Finance, Staffing and management of the school.
- Keeps relevant sections of the School Self-Evaluation under review and updates as necessary.
- Considers all aspects of financial management, including the budget and offers challenge where appropriate.
- Holds school leadership to account for the performance management of staff and leadership of the curriculum.
Achievement and Standards Committee
- Audits, monitors and provides strategic direction to improve all aspects relating to the achievement and standards of the school and quality of provision.
- Considers all policies relating to curriculum, assessment and safeguarding.
- Reviews pupil progress data including of specific groups of children, for instance those in receipt of Pupil Premium funding, those with additional needs and higher attaining children.
- Reviews progress towards achievement of objectives in the strategic plan of the school.
Pupils’ safety and wellbeing is a fundamental issue for all governors to be aware of so is covered on every agenda of the Full Governing Body meetings.
The Meeting Calendar provides details of all Governor meetings scheduled for the current academic year.